Alternative fun with baking, life, and culinary school.

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Cake and Stuff...

Okay, okay... So I don't have a delicious food post of my own to show you quite yet.
Give it some time, I will have my first food post up soon.  I wasn't even planning on posting today, but I decided that maybe if I am not baking delicious treats right now, I could at least show you what is on my to do list. ;).

Okay, first and foremost, this b-e-a-utiful cake.  I am obsessed over the idea of making this cake right now. 
Don't judge... I'm a baker who happens to love colorful cake.  Big deal.


This particular picture comes from Natalie over at www.ovenlove.blogspot.com
Her cake turned out perfect.  I love the definition in the colors brought out by the white frosting in between.  What can I say, I am a sucker for rainbow food.  
Although this picture belongs to Natalie, she is not the creator of the original idea of this cake.  She just happens to be how I came upon it in the first place.  This cake actually comes from Kaitlin over at
www.whisk-kid.com
You can read more about the origin of the idea of this cake, and even watch Kaitlin's appearance on Martha Stewart by going to her blog.

I made a rainbow cake once.  True story.  Only there were no defined layers, because I never thought of that for some reason.  I suppose that makes it more of a tye-dye cake then.  Either way, excuse the crummy picture quality (this was pre fancy camera era) but here it is.

On to the next item on my current to do list!
Baby doughnuts! Courtesy of Heather at:
www.sprinklebakes.com
(keep reading, a few more items on my to do list are from this very site)

I'm not gonna lie.  I have been crazy craving doughnuts lately.  I now realized that I MUST own a tiny doughnut pan.  Not a revelation had by most.  Nonetheless, I want baby doughnuts.  Enough said.

Of course, being the amazing food blog it is, I couldn't just stop at the baby doughnuts.  Ohhhh no.  I gotta have THESE too.  Strawberry milk whoopie pies.  Yeah yeah yeah... Milk.  That doesn't mean I have to use cow milk.  I bet they would taste great as "Strawberry Coconut Milk Whoopie Pies".  You never know.  But I will.  Soon I hope.  (If anyone here decides to get to this before I do, let me know which alternative milk fairs best.)


That's about all for the moment, but let me leave you with this link:
www.joythebaker.com
I leave you with this, because it is my all time favorite blog.  Her writing is humorous, her photos are awesome, and her recipes are amazingly unique.  I leave you with this because I pretty much want to bake everything in her recipe index.  True story.



Well, I hope this post will make up for the lack of my first food post.  Don't worry.  I will wow you soon enough.  I hope.  :)

Till then, stay excellent <3

No comments:

Post a Comment